Strahl Promoted to Chief Opposition Whip
OTTAWA – Andrew Scheer, Leader of the Official Opposition and the Conservative Party of Canada, today announced the appointment of a strong, diverse team to lead the Conservative Caucus.
Mark Strahl, in addition to his primary responsibilities as the Member of Parliament for Chilliwack-Hope, has been appointed Chief Opposition Whip.
“I am pleased to be a strong BC voice for development and prosperity on Andrew Scheer’s Conservative leadership team.” Strahl added, “In my new role as Chief Opposition Whip, I will work hard with all my Conservative colleagues to hold this Liberal government to account for Canadian taxpayers and families.”
The Honourable Andrew Scheer’s Leadership team appointments include:
- Deputy Leader of the Official Opposition: Hon. Lisa Raitt (Milton, ON)
- Quebec Political Lieutenant: Alain Rayes (Richmond—Arthabaska, QC)
- House Leader of the Official Opposition: Hon. Candice Bergen (Portage—Lisgar, MB)
- Chief Opposition Whip: Mark Strahl (Chiliwack—Hope, BC)
- Deputy House Leader of the Official Opposition: Chris Warkentin (Grande Prairie—Mackenzie, AB)
The Conservative Party’s top leadership team has roots in every region of Canada, and brings a wealth of experience in the private sector and in public life to their positions. They will form the core of a strong Conservative Opposition, which already boasts a proven record of holding the government to account.
“I will work hard with my colleagues in British Columbia to represent our province, and I’m looking forward to running again in 2019 under Andrew Scheer's leadership to restore fiscal responsibility and keep our communities safe.”