STRAHL URGES PASSAGE OF NEW RETIREMENT SAVINGS VEHICLE
Ottawa- Speaking in the House of Commons, Chilliwack-Fraser Canyon MP, Mark Strahl, urged passage of Bill C-25: Pooled Registered Pension Plans Act.
"Hardworking Canadians, without a private pension plan, have called for this type of retirement savings vehicle." Strahl added, "Passage of this bill will mark a significant step forward in securing their retirement."
Pooled Registered Pension Plans (PRPP) will allow small and medium sized businesses, their employees and those who are self-employed to pool their money to provide for accessible, straightforward and administratively low-cost pension plan by reducing the legal and administrative burden faced by employers. It is because of these costs that 60 per cent of Canadians don't have access to a private pension plan.
According to Strahl, PRPPs offer a number of benefits, including:
- easy enrolment due to low administrative cost and simple arrangement,
- flexibility for employees and employers in setting their contribution amounts; and
- portability, allowing employees to move their account as they change careers and employers.
"Millions of Canadians stand to benefit from access to this new low-cost pension plan with the passage of this bill."
For more information, please visit: http://www.fin.gc.ca/act/prpp-prac/index-eng.asp
Get Email Updates
- RT @pmharper: In this week’s 24 SEVEN: the #AgaKhan visit, the #PMVAs, and the Situation in #Ukraine. Watch it here: http://t.co/qVPcDHo7jl… — 1 day 7 hours ago
- @RosieBarton was it in East Block? If so, totally understandable. — 1 day 9 hours ago
- Press releases: New help for Veterans http://t.co/FSH9Sm4gLF & Veterans Invitation to D-Day & Normandy Commemoration http://t.co/wI0RCbJcK2 — 2 days 10 hours ago