MP Strahl Responds to Trudeau Liberal Speech from the Throne
OTTAWA – Mark Strahl, Member of Parliament for Chilliwack—Hope is responding to Liberal Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s Speech from the Throne.
“After six weeks of Justin Trudeau’s post-election vacation and so-called consultations, Canadians expected to see a government that had listened to the message that they received from Canadians in the recent election,” said Strahl. “Instead, Canadians got more of the same from a Prime Minister who prefers platitudes over actual plans. Justin Trudeau made a great show out of sitting down with other party leaders, Premiers and mayors. However, this week he proved that he didn’t listen to a thing anyone said.”
Important priorities not mentioned in the Trudeau Liberals Speech from the Throne:
- A National Energy Corridor to help get our resources to market and unite our country.
- A plan to balance the budget.
- A plan to restore ethics and accountability to government.
- Supports for our forestry workers – such as a new softwood lumber agreement.
- Supports for our energy workers – such as building TMX or repealing Bills C-69 and C-48.
- Building or expanding transit in the GTA.
- A single tax return for Quebecers.
- National unity.
“Millions of Canadians continue to feel abandoned by Justin Trudeau. Canadians deserve a government that would work to heal our regional divides, to strengthen our position on the world stage, to get Canadians back to work in hard hit regions.”
“Our message all Canadians is there is still a party in Canada that believes in putting your needs ahead of their own. There is still a party that hasn’t given up on the idea that Canada is stronger when we work together. Our Conservative team will continue to fight for the unity of this country and for all Canadians,” concluded MP Strahl.